Friday, January 16, 2009

Protesting in Cairo

I know on Thursday there was an attempt from the activists to protest in Garden City at Cairo in front of the American Embassy ,  I do not know if they succeeded or not.
But I knew that there was a protest in Giza in front of the Israeli Embassy and this is a very a rare occasion to be honest. Check Per’s post and flickr slide show. This is in front of the Zoo by the way.
Now I must share with you this little news that made me happy , my cousin who is  12 years old led a protest in his IGSCE school last week in solidarity with Gaza,may be some consider it some but I want to tell you that no one told him and the rest of the boys to do it , they just did it.
I am proud of him so much , in fact we are all proud of him in the family. I wish there are videos and photos from this small protest.
This protest reminds with the protest in the schools block at Massaha Square at Dokki, you know at the Orba school, well it was during the second intifida and police in the area found the kids from elementary to secondary after the school day coming to the main street with banners made drawing sketches and note books supporting Palestine. It was quite a scene, of course Police suppressed this small but significant protest.
Anyhow back to 2008 there was a protest in the Shorouq Academy in solidarity with Gaza on December 29th.
Update#1 
It seems that there are huge protests in Mahalla in solidarity with Gaza now according to Arabawy. I really respect the people of Mahalla. Already I must say that they are having their own problems with the government concerning the textile factories still they did not forget about the Gazans , these are the real Egyptians
Update#2
There was a protest at Nasr City area in Cairo organized by the MB in solidarity with Gaza at 9 PM CLT.
In the Morning there was a protest at Samlut in Mania , more than 500 were participating in the protest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.