Monday, July 13, 2009

The Other Omar Soliman

Bjork likes Omar Soliman , ah not our Our General Omar Soliman, probably she has never heard about our Soliman, her Soliman is from the folk musicians. That folk musician is from Syria. I believe Tamer Hosni will probably kill himself for not having the same world fame like this folk singer , Tamer was not featured in NPR nor his songs were chosen by a world famous singer like Bjork.!!

To be honest I was surprised and shocked first at the choice of Bjork but then I understand why she likes him , she considers him as Syrian techno artist, of course I doubt that Soliman understands techno ,he simply uses the electronic keyboard in his music because it is much easier for the kind of music he presents and it is cheaper. Electronic keyboard is always in our folk popular music presented by singers too , I believe Bjork likes the idea how we manage to play oriental music in this way on electronic keyboard.

Thanks to the Arabist I know about Soliman. The last Syrian popular folk singer I know was Ali El-Dek and I can’t see I like him.I am more of classical girl , I like Sabah El-Fakahry and Tarab Sultans..etc , this is the kind of Syrian music I love still I like too the Syrian folk songs by singers like late Fahd Balan

Soliman seems to be from the area between Iraq and Syria in the west, from the desert nomadic parts.

You can see in that music video , Soliman with Iraqi dancing girls , yes these girls dancing in that party are Iraqi based on their way of dancing the debka if I am not mistaken.

Back to Tamer Hosni ,it is not only Tamer Hosni who will kill himself but also funky Arab Jad Choueiri.

Regardless of what you think about Soliman and the kind of music he presents , I believe he became famous outside his country simply because he represents the art of region for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.