Friday, June 12, 2009

I Do Not Consider It An Achievement !!

The Egyptian Government or rather the NDP has decided that women in Egypt should have a specific quote in the people's assembly our honorable parliament. The specific quote announced is abut 64 chairs if I am not mistaken.
I do not  know why I am not happy and consider it a victory for women in Egypt !! May be because it is the NDP's gift and usually NDP's gifts are not gifts by the end of the day.
May be because I know that chairs will be occupied by women members of the NDP through cheating and this is no victory with my all respect , it is another disaster.
I do not know why I am not happy and thrilled that the government has appointed its first national university woman dean ,  Dr.Hend Hanfi was chosen to become the first woman dean of University of Alexandria.
It is a huge step but because I know how the deans of national universities are chosen based on political and security reasons I can't be so happy. I know that Dr. will be supporting the government and the security ordfers in campus all the way long.
This is just like Eva Habiel , the NDPian so-called first woman mayor in a village who just inherited the title from her dad and the bless of the Church not because there was a real democratic vote with equal opportunties for candidates !!
The NDP wants to appear in front of the world as progressive secular party that gives women their rights !!
The NDP won't give the women their rights because already it does not give the people of Egypt for real any right.
The NDP regime 's economic policies and corruption are the one that forces women to sell their organs, their children and even themselves for God Sake !!
The honorable new minister of family affairs Moshira Khateb is speaking about 300 Egyptian teenage girls that were smuggled to Italy to work in prostitution and she did not tell us how we are going to get back those girls or even how to rehab them again to enroll in the society after this horrible experience.
She did not tell us about the thousands of girls who preceeded those 300 Egyptian girls , she did not tell us about the fearful sex trade in Egypt and what the government has real made to fight it for real.
I do not want to have a specific quote in the parilament , I want to be able to vote freely in the elections without cheating !!
I do not want to have a woman university dean where as the universities are occupied by state security !!
I will really feel that I am empowered in my country when I know that my vote is respected and counted in the election.
I will really feel that I am empowered in my country when I know that as an Egyptian citizen I am treated as second class citizen. 

8 comments:

  1. Why are you so feminist? If they can earn more money through prostitution, why is it any of your business? If we keep the girls here (and perhaps make it more legal), businessmen can at least pay them money which will stay inside the country and improve the economy instead of shifting our money abroad in Thailand and other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like your daughters and sisters work in prostitution to save our money inside in our country ??
    I do not approve on sex trade where ever it is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you, like thousands of women in the same social class in Egypt with money, do not approve of it but think it is perfectly fine for you to be drinking coffee, buying expensive handbags and shoes, driving in your stupid Mercedes and holidaying in Europe.

    Your attitudes are forcing divorce rates in this social class to go up and men to seek prostitutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not drive stupid Mercedes nor do I spend my holidays in Europe.
    What attitudes I am speaking about ??
    When a man seeks prostitutes he looks for sex only !! This is what is on his mind only !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i'm just wondering, how many of you (who are egyptians) consider themselves arabs
    and how many consider themselves egyptians and say that they have nothing to do with arabs

    after all there are differences and although we speak the arabic language, we can't be compared with saudis or kuwaitis, etc. (i mean even our language is EGYPTIAN arabic)

    it would be interesting to have a poll on the blog were ppl could vote

    P.S. i also don't think that prostitution can be justified in any way whatsoever, because you're dealing with trade of a human being and that's clearly a violation of human rights
    --
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zeinobia, I agree with you 100%.

    Mr. 1st Anon. I think u r a pimp or gay. There is no good man come from decent family have a mother, sisters or daughters would like to see any woman to work as prostitute! I wonder what is your mum and sisters what kind of a job they have! This has nothing to do with vacation in Europe or driving a Mercedez! this is about dignity and honour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous2, so I can't have sex with a prostitute because I 'come from a decent family'? What is this nonsense? So it would be better, in your point of view, to pay millions of pounds for marriage yet divorce her straight away just because I only after sex?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @JB, nice question but I will ask even much harder one who are the real Egyptians ??
    You are speaking about a nation with different ethnics across the country.
    You will find those who consider themselves Arabs first and Egyptian seconds , you will find those who consider themselves Muslims first and Egyptian seconds..etc
    For me We are Egyptians as it is our great country and we are Arabs as the French are European,yet we are more related to other Arab nations in terms of language ,history and traditions.

    @anonymous#1,this is what we got from your comment , please elaborate more

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.